PDA

View Full Version : Arcturus.

Keith
2nd November 2010, 14:11
Hiya,
I have just started work on the Campbeltown hull which I got from Bill Wood, I was going to build the Karen Anne which I was kindly given drawings of, but have decided I am going to build it as the Arcturus INS167, could someone tell me if there is a door at the back of the wheelhouse, Iíve looked at the photos in the gallery but none show whether there is, also can someone point me to close up images of the various deck hatches and rope guides which are found on the shelter decks as the drawings donít give any details just the outlines.

Keith

Davie Tait
2nd November 2010, 16:00
I've got photo's of her Keith , I'll stick them in a compressed file and Email them to you tonight once I get a chance.

She has a wheelhouse door in the starboard side and my photos have details of the shelterdeck and stern. For the prop you need a 3 blade one if you're sticking to scale as she has a 3 blade variable pitch prop without any nozzle.

Davie

Keith
2nd November 2010, 16:50
Hiya Davie.
thank you very much, really appreciated. I've bought a four blade prop but I can change that. By the way how do you uncompress files.

Keith.

Davie Tait
2nd November 2010, 17:03
I use window's own file compress system you just right click on the file and select explore , you can then select all of the photos and move them into a new folder.

Until I saw her up on the slip at Peterhead I thought she had a 4 blade prop as well but its clear in the 2006 photos I have of her that its a 3 blade prop

Davie Tait
2nd November 2010, 20:25
Email sent Keith

Keith
3rd November 2010, 20:32
Hiya Davie,
thank's very much for the photos, really appreciated. I've already built the skeg and rudder, not as per the real thing but they look good.

Keith.

Davie Tait
3rd November 2010, 22:36
To be honest Keith building to the plans you had , I wouldn't change what you've already done. You could stick to the 4 blade prop as well after all not many people would know that she has a 3 blade on her