PDA

View Full Version : St Combs fisherman feared lost..

Davie Tait
17th August 2007, 11:36
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/6950309.stm

He sailed on Saturday from Burghead on the Ellie May FR976 and after 24hrs of intense searching they've stood down the SAR but a few of the local Burghead fishermen are still searching for him.

Davie :(

wod1
17th August 2007, 22:46
Another today as well,

MCA: Body of fisherman found in search off Arbroath
Published: 17 August, 2007

AT eleven o'clock this morning, Forth Coastguard were called by the skipper of the FV Sharon Rose reporting that he had come across the FV Boy Joshua with no one on board.

Forth Coastguard commenced a search for the single-handed skipper based around the last position of the fishing vessel, which had not moved as it was still attached to creels.

The position is one mile from Whitingness.

Units that were mobilised in this search were Coastguard rescue teams from Arbroath, Montrose and Carnoustie. RNLI lifeboats were requested to launch from Arbroath, Montrose and Broughty Ferry. A rescue helicopter was also involved in the search. Several fishing vessels also assisted in the search for one of their colleagues.

Angus Maciver, Watch Manager, Forth Coastguard said: "We have found a body in the search for the missing fisherman off Abroath, which is believed to be that of the skipper of the FV Boy Joshua, but is yet to be formally identified."

Davie Tait
21st August 2007, 23:59
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/6957831.stm

Just been confirmed that the Westerly Warrior came fast on an uncharted obstruction and when Divers went down they found the Ellie May FR976 with her skipper Gordon Wilson still in the wheelhouse.

To Gordons Family and Friends you have my deepest condolences at this time

Davie Tait
31st August 2007, 15:27
I have just had an Email from Gordon Wilson's Son Rob , he wishes to thank those that have sent condolences to his family.

The funeral will be 12 noon in the crematorium at Buckie on Wednesday 5th September. I believe they are laying on a coach from Fraserburgh for anyone who wishes to come.

I will have a look at the newspaper to see the details of the coach arrangements should anyone from the Fraserburgh area wish to go up.

Davie

Davie Tait
1st September 2007, 10:47
Here are the details of the coach from Fraserburgh to Buckie for Gordon Wilson's funeral should anyone wish to attend.

Bus will leave A. Buchan and Sons Funeral directors in Denmark street Fraserburgh at 10:20am. In lieu of flowers a donation to Grampian Police's Underwater Search Unit can be left at the door of the Buckie Crematorium.

Davie Tait