PDA

View Full Version : My Website

young knoxy
23rd May 2009, 18:20
I HAVE GOT MY OWN WEBSITE NOW BUT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW HOW TO MAKE THE SITE FULL PAGE AND MAKE IT SO AS NO ONE CAN RIGHT CLICK THERE MOUSE LIKE TO COPY A PICTURE OR SOMETHING.
THIS IS THE LINK TO THE SITE http://young-knoxy-marine-photography.webs.com/
ALL HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED

OffScotland
24th May 2009, 22:43
Virtually impossible to stop someone making a copy of a photo. OK you can do clever things in HTML web pages so that there is a transparent photo displayed over your actual photo so that right click doesn't save the correct photo but if an image is displayed then one can simply use Alt/Prnt Screen, open up Microsoft Paint and use Ctrl/V to paste the captured screen image. A bit of trimming and you have a copy albeit not at the original resolution. Ian

marcus1608
25th May 2009, 01:08
Fair smart site knoxy, did ya get it done professionally?

young knoxy
25th May 2009, 18:38
Nope Done It All My Self Very Easy On Freewebs. Just Upload Pics Stuff Something To Keep Me Busy

Tayne
25th May 2009, 18:39
It was made with www.webs.com I think, you would need to be with professional hosting to edit the code so you can put a javascript code to stop right clicking. As OffScotland said, you can just take a screenshot and crop it, or drag and drop. So I am sorry to say you can't stop right clicking. I would code a website for you Knoxy but it is a bit too late now as you have already made your website and uploaded photos. You could contact webs if you want further assistance.

young knoxy
25th May 2009, 18:41
Cheers for your help folks

Tayne
25th May 2009, 18:43
The only other way from people stopping stealing your photos would be to put copyright marks through your images. I think Webs now allow automatic watermarks through images when hosted.

young knoxy
30th September 2009, 18:28
Just a quick update on my website. It has just been given a complete new look including new wording in all pages new theme that makes it look a lot more professional. I would greatly appreciate any of your views on how the site is laid out or any errors that could be corrected.I would also like to say That all my images are for sale prepared by professionals on top quality glossy photo paper to what ever dimensions you require. Of course there will be a small charge for this but the total amount will depend on the dimensions you require.
kind regards
young knoxy