PDA

View Full Version : Bank Security

wbeedie
21st May 2009, 00:11
Seen this on another site but a heads up to make sure you check your bank statements for tester amounts being deducted from bank accounts to O2 and other mobile PAYG accounts before being ripped off big style and it doesnt matter if you have a mobile from that provider or not
here is a link to the first page but makes scary reading at the amount of it happening
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1143773

paul@paulhobson
23rd May 2009, 21:23
had this happen to me 2 month ago but my bank statement showed vodaphone had took 6 payments out in 24 hours total 200 .00 they took the following 20 -40 -40 -20- 40 - 40 in that order informed my bank changed me cards got it back a couple of weeks ago (my phone is with t mobile)

dunmore
24th May 2009, 00:33
Its got nothing to do with your network. Destroy all your slips with credit card details etc on it inc statements. Never dump. Plus sometimes a member of the stores staff copies your details ( illegally) and sells or gives your numbers and pin to Friends. The criminal groups get the credit card details buy goods like top ups or internet shop and then sell it to Mates for 1/2 or 2/3 price and pockets the cash. While you get the bill. Quite literlly they make millions on these rackets . Some groiups operating in the UK included the Tamil Tigers as well as various Irish groups are know to opperate these scams on an industrial scale to fund their Causes.