PDA

View Full Version : Admiralty MFVs

David Bain
8th February 2009, 16:56
My late father was proud of his service as an AB gunner in the RNPS, having served in MFV 1024 for three years. He mentioned, over the years, being on the Dover patrol - where they were miffed at being forbidden to fire on German aircraft - clearing the Caen Canal after D-Day and sweeping off the Dutch coast, finishing up in Cuxhaven. He met my mother when working from Grimsby.

Can anyone help with photographs, builder details - or anything, really. I understand that she was one of a batch built to an Admiralty specification but the only book I have fails to cover the series in question!

Once I've found them again I'll post the few photographs we've got in case they're of help to anyone else's research.

BFN
David
dcb@dcbain.co.uk

David Bain
9th February 2009, 22:32
I've learned from a respondent on the RNPS forum that MFV1024 was decommissioned in 1957 to become the "Jacqueline" at Penzance. I've found a "Jacqueline", PZ192, reported "in a poor condition" at Newlyn. Has anyone down there got a photograph of her that I can compare with 1024?

Davie Tait
10th February 2009, 10:59
http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16138

Think thats her , notes under the photo says lying in the Severn River

David Bain
10th February 2009, 17:47
Thank you for the quick reply. I had seen that photograph and dismissed it, but looking more closely if you mentally subtract all the changes over the years it could well be the right one. Has anyone any idea where on the Severn she's lying?