PDA

View Full Version : World's Toughest Tribes

justindel
20th June 2007, 10:47
Did anyone see the Discovery Channel program last night,World's Toughest Tribes. He was in Newlyn for 3 weeks on 2 inshore boats first and then on the beamer ,Billy Rownie. It is worth catching as it will be repeated i'd say.He didn't say it but I get the feeling he felt that fishing was tougher than any of the jobs he has done throughout the series. I will watch all the trawlermen episodes on the weekend as I missed monday and have them all been taped for me.

Dave Leishman
20th June 2007, 13:21
I didn't see the programme, but I suspect that may be the Billy Rownie in the Trawlerphotos banner at the top of the page. I'll have to go back through my photos to check...

Moby Dick
8th August 2007, 17:58
:rolleyes: i saw this, it was great. there is no way he will be going back for a second try:eek: :p

ron hansen
9th August 2007, 11:36
all this talk i hear about the hard life why do it? i started with salvasen on the fairtrys in the 60s been all over greenland,newfoundland,alaska, and for the last 25 years here in norway for me fishing has got a lot easier when i talk to my sons who are both on norwegian trawlers they cant belive what we went through on the old sidewinders.
no boys if i wanted to here about hard and tough think id be talking to my grandfather